Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Andy Dalton, You've Got To Be Kidding Me!

I’m not a religious man but I’d though me and the cosmos were at one sometimes. When Andy Dalton was in Cincinnati I thought it sucks to be them. I’m also not a betting man or gambler but the one game I ever considered putting money on was the 2014 Chargers V.S. Bengals game. Bengals were at home that year and I knew in my heart the Bengals would lose.

I’ve followed a few quarterbacks in my lifetime good or bad in the sense that if they were good the Bears should go after them. But only if they fit our system. I’ve followed a few bad quarterbacks as well to be sure the Bears never go after these guys. And one of them was Andy Dalton. I’m like the ’72 Dolphins every year the Bears don’t sign Dalton I exhale and hoist one. I am also very superstitious and know that some of those wishes can come crashing down and I have to pick my jaw up off the floor. This is one of those times. I’ve tried to avoid writing about the many rumors or quarterbacks the Bears were interested in this year because everyone that supposedly on the market the Bears came up.

 

The pundits would mention some of the other names available who were free agents and I knew one of them was Andy Dalton formerly of the dreadful Dallas Cowboys who play in the worse division in football but has some of the best talent. And one of those names, (free agents I mean, not the talent) was Andy Dalton. I would laugh every time the Cowboys would lose with him at the helm. And then…

We have a HC and a Gm trying to keep their jobs and make a big splash. Pundits were saying these guys must not really be on the hot seat because why would anyone sign here when these to fellows might not be here after next season? Hmmmm. Then comes the news The Bears are going to go down the same road they did with Glennon and Trubisky.

 

I have a cousin who gave me advice when I was in high school: Don’t make the same mistake twice. Well here we go again. We have two below average quarterbacks on the team in Dalton and Foles and we have to get rid of one and it’s obviously not going to be Dalton and we definitely have to draft one as the city still screams for a franchise qb. So let’s say that we do draft one and we get a good one. More than likely he’s going to have to sit for a few games if not a season and Dalton will more than likely be the opening day starter. (Audible gasp). And after a three interception or more game against a nowhere team it’ll be time to bench him and put in the rookie. Sound familiar?

 

Chicagoans weren’t mad that we drafted a qb who played one season in college we were mad that we moved up to draft him. Coincidentally the big name quarterbacks drafted that year were acquired the same way. I’ve heard people call for the team to be sold which I’m sure there are a number of people who wouldn’t be too happy about that considering the bloodline. But eventually the Chicago Bulls had to give in and made some big moves and they look like a different team. I figured when they dragged the Matriarch to Green Bay last year to watch the Bears get smoked something would change but after signing Dalton there was a collective, “Get the fuck out of here,” when the news came down about Dalton. At least it will only be a small crowd to boo at Dalton. I didn’t mean that to be funny but we could have saved ourselves some trouble when no one was in the seats and gone after Dalton then instead of Foles. But now that we’ll have people in the seats excited to see live football again I cannot imagine this is what they expected.  

 

No comments: