Thursday, January 5, 2023

It's been several years since the 2016 World Series win for the Chicago Cubs and since Theo Epstein and Joe Madden left Chicago. All in a matter of 6 years. With Theo gone it is up to Jed Hoyer to build a winner on the North Side. I'm not holding my breath the Cubs will be competitive in 2023 no matter who they sign. Keep an eye on the trade deadline around mid season someone will be traded and I'm thinking it might be Cody Bellinger or Eric Hosmer. No emotional goodbyes this year and I think it was a stupid idea to let Wilson Contreras walk. He was a great piece to build around. Not to mention letting him go to the rival St. Louis Cardinals. I do think the Cubs are going in the right direction after seasons of losing. The Cubs have the right manager in David Ross and I can say I see another Championship coming to the Cubs under him. But for the time being lets not worry about who the Cubs have been named in on a particular player until he actually gets here. No one wants to read such news and then they come up short because they don't want to spend the money.  

No comments: