Friday, February 3, 2023

I’m for the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl and seeing a limping and hustling Pat Mahomes made me want to come up with crazy nicknames for what he does. I know Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T. and not many quarterbacks will play long enough to touch Brady’s accomplishments. With football being a team sport Brady didn’t do it all himself. But really who were the Patriots during Brady’s years there? Most would say Belicheck was the genius first by drafting Brady and the subsequent success but seeing what’s going on in New England now I have an even greater respect for Brady. Every game I watched with him the team looked well prepared for every game. I admit I slept through a couple of Super Bowls with Brady because I love variety in my sports while I am a hypocrite because I would love to see the Bears in that many Super Bowls.

Speaking of the Bears and the subject of Quarterbacks: Trading Justin Fields would be asinine when there are so many needs they have than Quarterback, like how to keep one on his feet with a good offensive line. With the holes we have on the defense trading Fields and having to the process of having to build around him trading Fields even for more picks would turn Chicago fans off quickly. Kansas City loves Mahomes as much as he loves playing for them and they have shown they are willing to put weapons around him to help him succeed. The Bears had a chance to pick Mahomes in 2017 but moved up to number 3 to take a dud in Mitch Trubisky. We could have had Deshaun Watson but the God’s vetoed that choice thankfully. But we could have had Patrick Mahomes and his stupid State Farm commercials. 

Someone once told me that if we had drafted Mahomes Chicago would have done what most Chicago teams seem to do and that’s go on the cheap and not put him in a position to win. Let’s not do the same with Justin Fields. Let’s do what we have to do to put him in Super bowls leaving it all on the field because we’ve done our duty to protect him and bargain with him in good faith. I’m nowhere near ready to trust Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus considering the number of slick talkers who have come through Halas Hall since we let Lovie Smith go. We’ve only beaten Green Bay twice since Lovie Smith the last coach to get the Bears to a Super Bowl. Looking at Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes. Tom Brady or Kirk cousins, it proves so goes your quarterback so goes your club. G©  

No comments: