Thursday, September 21, 2023

Deion Sanders says he would never coach in the NFL because he cannot deal with players getting paid big money before they play a game. Yet his son, Quarterback Shedeur Sanders got a 10 million NIL deal before he took the field against TCU. I have always been for paying players beyond their educational costs and I remember when boosters would pay players under the table but nowhere near what they're getting now. I understand at football schools it is king. And players are putting their bodies on the line like Travis Hunter, two way player for the "Buffs who got injured against Colorado State. In my opinion the 'Buffs haven't seen the hardest part of their schedule yet and Sanders is being admonished by The G.O.A.T. Tom Brady for buying a Rolls Royce when he should be in the video room trying to get better. Sanders response was, "I saw you have one so I bought one." 

What  bothers me is a student athlete making that kind of money while those who cannot throw a ball or anything to do with a ball struggle to pay their tuition and student loans while these athletes walk out of school whether they have a future in sports with no debt. Ten Million is ridiculous. I've also noticed that no one knows what his major is or if he's even going to class. I get that schools make different rules for athletes and it might not be the school who is paying this money. Sanders has definitely put up some great numbers and probably has a future in the NFL but as I said he hasn't played the hardest part of the 'Buffs schedule yet. Regardless how the rest of his time in Colorado goes he's going to be able to say what very few students can say while the Biden Administration is trying to give aid to those who have large educational debt Shedeur Sanders will drive away in style and owe nothing for his "education." 

No comments: