Monday, January 4, 2021

Bears Need A Quarterback

The Bears Need A Quarterback

I'm sick of people making excuses for Trubisky and the acquiring of Nick Foles through a trade. Ryan Pace should not be allowed to make trades considering he traded up to get a signal caller who cannot throw an accurate deep ball. I want the Bears to pick Kyle Trask of Florida but by the time the Bears get to daft he'd probably be off the board. 

I've never been a fan of Florida quarterbacks, (hello Tim Tebow). Particularly the Steve Spurrier years as Head Coach. I know that you cannot compare passing yardage and touchdown in the NFL versus college but I believe in one season Trask has thrown for more yards and touchdowns in his college career than Trubisky has thrown in his whole college and pro career thus far. 

The Bears need a quarterback who can throw deep and be able to score touchdowns in the red zone. Trubisky is not that guy. I must say I give Ryan Pace credit for not taking a bite of the poisonous Andy Dalton apple. He and the Cowboys deserve each other.

I agree the defense could use some upgrades at certain spots and I believe we should keep Pagano as Defensive Coordinator. I feel for the defense when they are constantly relied upon to keep the Bears in the game while the offense is stagnant. It’s like a Major League pitcher who goes out and throws a bunch of scoreless innings but his hitters can hardly scratch out a hit or a run. Stop calling out Kalil Mack for his lack of sacks or tackles. After a while you have to understand that a member or members of your team sucks.

I don’t think Ryan Pace and Mike Nagy should be fired. The Bears are still within striking distance of being a quality football team. At the same time the Bears did not play a challenging schedule and still ended up .500. The toughest team they had to play was the Green Bay Packers whom I could have told you they had no chance against. Especially when you end the season against them in Lambeau South.

As the bowl season winds down I’ve looked over almost every quarterback on every team win or lose. Sure that there has to be at least one that is better that Trubisky. I just believe that Trask is the best of the bunch and mainly because he can do what Trubisky cannot which is throw the deep ball.*


No comments: